Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 10 - Moulin Rouge

Jealousy.... will drive you... MAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!



I didn't know what to expect from Moulin Rouge, but this one was my favorite to try so far! I don't think I'd like to drink a whole cup of it, but I loved tasting it because the flavor was so bright and loud, unlike the subtlety of the others (ahem, Vanilla, I'm looking at you). I drank most of the shot trying to figure out what the flavors were. It was fairly easy to guess, but I was off on one major ingredient. My guess was lemon, coffee, and maybe raspberry, except the raspberry flavor wasn't quite right. It was like raspberry without the berry. Like all the brightness of rasp without the fruity grounding of berry.

I finished half and then saved the second half to try after getting a full explanation of the flavors, and I'm glad I did! They said Moulin Rouge is a combination of lemon, espresso, and... pomegranate! I've never really known pomegranate to have such a strong flavor, and I never would have guessed it in the chocolate, but it was good! Again, I wouldn't drink a whole cup of this flavor, but it's for the same reasons it was so fun to taste. The flavor did not hide itself at all. I couldn't smell it, but as soon as I tasted even the smallest bit, the pom and lemon were jumping out at me. The espresso flavor held them down a little and made them meld better with the chocolate than the previous day's Lemon flavor.

All in all, it's not something I would order again, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! And let me point out that I braved this to get it:



Next up: Bourbon!

No comments:

Post a Comment